Are you insured
YES! Absolutely! It's super important not only for you as my client, but also for my business to be protected! If you want to see my certificate of insurance just ask.
How did you find your passion for photography
Photography found me. I was a music major at VCU studying voice and I decided to take an intro to black & white photography as an elective class. Photography became all I could think about. I began to dream in F stops and longed to be in the darkroom developing prints. I still love the smell of fixer. I have been in the world of photography ever since and attended The Corcoran School of Art as well as Savannah College of Art and Design where I earned my BFA in Photography. I cannot imagine doing anything else and am grateful everyday for this gift of being able to do what I love.
Can I share my images on social media
Yes! I am on Instagram and Facebook as well as other social media. As stated in my contract, you may use your photos for personsal use. So feel free to post on social media and remember to tag @serapetrasphotography #serapetrasphotography
Tell me more about a first look and why I should consider it
There will be many beautiful moments that you will want captured on your wedding day. "The First Look" is a moment when you see each other for the first time as bride and groom before the wedding. Though a bit untraditional, connecting with each other briefly before the ceremony allows me to document an intimate moment as you begin your celebration and your journey together. Doing this is a very personal choice, but a "first look" can be a priceless opportunity that you both will cherish forever. It also gives you a quiet moment together before the whirlwind begins; the beautiful, wonderful whirlwind that will be your wedding day.
What's in MY bag?
- 3 Nikon D700 bodies
- Lots of CF cards
- 20mm 2.8 lens
- 35mm 1.4 lens
- 50mm 1.4 lens
- 50mm 1.4 zeiss lens
- 85mm 1.4 lens
- 105mm 2.8 macro lens
- I shoot with prime lenses for that soft, dreamy, beautiful look that my images have.
- Nikon F100 (35mm film camera that uses all the above lenses)
- Contax 645
- 45mm 2.8 lens
- 80mm 2 lens
- 140mm 2.8 lens
- Mamiya 645 AFD
- 80mm 2.8 lens
- 80mm 1.9 lens
- lip gloss (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Tiny screwdriver (you never know when you'll need it)
- Flashlight for when it gets dark
- Gaffer's tape (it's seriously saved me on more than one occasion)
- Lens cloth and lens cleaning pen
- Holdfast Moneymaker to hold my cameras like a gunslinger and makes me look like a rockstar
- Langly Backpack for all of my digital gear
- Thinktank roller bag for the medium format gear
- Kelly Moore Juju bag for all the rest